Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Welcome to the 2019 American Crystallographic Association (ACA) Annual Meeting abstract submission site. The 69th Annual Meeting of the ACA will be held from July 20 to 24, 2019 at the Northern Kentucky Convention Center.
- The abstract submission site will open Tuesday, January 22, 2019. The ACA invites authors to submit abstracts for the upcoming 2019 Annual Meeting.
- The abstract submission site will close on March 31, 2019.
- Abstracts for invited presentations must be submitted in the same manner as those for contributed papers and are subject to the same applicable abstract fees and deadlines.
- Online submission is the only method of submitting an abstract. The submission of abstracts for ACA 2019 will be managed through an online conference manage system called OpenWater. You are required to create a new profile to submit an abstract.
- There is a $25 USD abstract submission fee for all participants.
- The abstract submission fee is required and is a nonrefundable processing fee, and not based on approval of your abstract submission or attendance at the 2019 ACA Annual Meeting.
- The only method of payment accepted for abstract fees is by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) in the abstract submission system. Wire payments or purchase orders requested from ACA cannot be accommodated.
- The abstract submission fee does not register you for the meeting. Separate registration fees apply. All presenters must register in order to attend 2019 ACA Annual Meeting.
- Do not withdraw a paid abstract submission to make edits. Refunds will not be issued for abstracts that are withdrawn and resubmitted, and payment will be required for any resubmissions.
- After an abstract is submitted edits cannot be made. If you require an edit please contact ACA HQ.
- The presenting author must be listed first. No one may be first author on more than one abstract unless the session specifically states that this rule does not apply.
- The abstract should be submitted to OpenWater in PDF format.
- See the sample abstract on the meeting page as a formatting example.
- The abstract should be in a readable font of a reasonable size.
- The abstract should contain the title, authors, affiliations, contact information and then the body of the abstract.
Scheduling & Publication
- All abstracts will automatically be posted to the meeting website. If you wish not to have your abstract published please contact ACA HQ.
- Titles and presenting authors of abstracts will appear in the Program Booklet.
- All submitted abstracts will be reviewed in April/May immediately following the March 31st deadline.
- Each abstract will be reviewed and scheduled by the 2019 program and session chairs and programmed each day of the meeting being assigned to the most appropriate session.
- Presenting authors will be notified of their final abstract number, session name, date, time, and room assignment approximately four (4) weeks prior to the meeting.
- Sessions are scheduled for morning or afternoon on July 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 24th. Poster sessions will take place in the evening on July 21st, 22nd and 23rd.
- The scheduling of abstracts by the program and session chairs is final and authors must be prepared to present their work as programmed.
- Information on poster preparation will be available on the 2019 ACA Annual Meeting website.
Three Minute Thesis
- There will be a Three Minute Thesis session on Sunday in the afternoon followed by a final round on Monday afternoon.
- If your abstract is selected you will be contacted by the Three Minute Thesis session chairs to confirm your willingness to participate.
- Information on presentation preparation and guidelines will be available on the 2019 ACA Annual Meeting website.
The ACA is excited to host this unique event and encourage all to submit an abstract and participate, learn and network!
If you should need assistance with submitting an abstract please contact ACA HQ: firstname.lastname@example.org.